Bruxelles and Bruges, Belgium


It seems that the day is not enough long for me to do everything I want, I need, I desire. Well, today I woke in the middle of the night and start writing this. Because I proposed to myself to write about it for a long time and never do it! Now it’s  the time to tell you my memories about the trip in Belgium from this year.



Last time when I saw Brussels I put my impressions about the nicest pubs with live music and the thousands sentiments of beer. Today I will share with you the beauty of the “Grand- Place” , the nicest square in Europe – it is about the   Bruxelles market where you can see the all three architectonic styles: gothic , Baroque and Luis XIV. Well, this place is one of the Sites of World Heritage by UNESCO from 1998.




In the night, the place is impressive and it is so amazing to find in the same place three architectonic styles from three different centuries.



Bit if you want to come back in our time, you need to visit the Atomium!  It is a very big atom where you can enter and see a museum and some exhibitions inside. At the highest level, there is a place to drink a soft tea, eat a nice ice-creamJ  and see a part of the Green Brussels  from up!  Almost, I like it here more than at the Eiffel Tour. Not so crowded, peaceful, physical and chemical J I like science indeed! In secondary school, when I have learned about the atom, the smallest physical part from a thing, I was really impressed how small this can be. And now, to see the ATOM really BIG, this impressed me as well. It was so nice to be in there! Also maybe because I had the company of the  nicest person in the WorldJ





At the entrance of the Atomium you can read “welcome” in your own language. Probably the tourists are happy to see that they are welcomed in their own language, heheJ
Well, after the Atomium, we went to Bruges, called the “Venice of the North” after J.J .Scott. I like it so much from when I put my first step in there. Small and cute, with a nice architecture, it  is one of the world's best-preserved medieval cities with over 600 years of history.That’s why, it is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are so many things to see, and one week I tis not enough I think. You need to go visit Bruges for at least two weeks, take it easy and relax. It is so nice to walk through those streets during night and see the moon in the wather…. 



In Bruges people are friendly, they talk more than three languages and help you when you get lost any time you need. The places for eating have nice arrangements and attract you a lot , but the waiters are not so niceJ (anyway, one of them was not so polite actually) and the food have no specific dish. Everything is international food. The hotels are the best so far. They are old with nice atchitecture and a medieval odor.  You can  feel in there like a princess. I have found this website if you want to fiind more informations about accommodation in Bruges.



What else I liked in there? The hand made lace: stylish gloves, sun umbrellas, carpets, etc. I need to return in there and take some, cause they are so beautiful indeed! 

In Brugges you can fiind also nice beer pubs (where we took a lot of pictures and pritending that we drank beer), a chocolate museum, a diamond museum. On the paved streets some medieval carriages are seen with the best horses ever! So romantic to walk in a carriage, isn’t it? I never did it, but I will!



Eh, In Bruges, as in any Belgium corner, there are a lot of chocolate schops. Imagine me, entering in each one and tasting some chocolate. „ Please, let’s enter in here too! And in there as well! Please, please, please!” It so so hard with this girl when  the chocolate  comes around!!


Comments

  1. It seems that the day is not long enough for me to do everything I want, I need, I desire. Well, today I woke in the middle of the night and started writing this. Because I’ve decided to write about it for a long time and never did it! Now it’s time to tell you my memories about this year’s trip in Belgium.

    Last time I saw Brussels I wrote my impressions about the nicest pubs with live music and the thousands types of beer. Today I will share with you the beauty of the “Grand Place”, the nicest square in Europe – it is about Brussels market where you can see all this three architectonic styles: gothic, baroque and Luis XIV. Well, this place is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, from 1998.

    At night, the place is impressive and it is so amazing to find in the same place three architectonic styles, from three different centuries.

    But if you want to come back to our times, you need to visit the Atomium! It is a very big atom where you can enter and see a museum and some exhibitions. At the highest level, there is a place for drinking a soft tea, eating a nice ice-creamJ and see a part of the Green Brussels from above! I almost like it here more than in the Eiffel Tour. Not so crowded, peaceful, physically and chemicallyJ. I indeed like science! In secondary school, when I have learned about the atom, the smallest physical part of a thing, I was really impressed about how small this can be. And now, seeing the ATOM really BIG, this impressed me as well. It was so nice to be in there! Maybe also because I had the company of the nicest person in the WorldJ.

    At the entrance of the Atomium you can read “welcome” in your own language. Probably the tourists are happy to see that they are welcomed in their own language, heheJ.

    Well, after the Atomium, we went to Bruges, called the “Venice of the North” by J.J .Scott. I liked it so much from the moment I made my first step there. Small and cute, with a nice architecture, it is one of the world's best-preserved medieval cities with over 600 years of history. That’s why it is an UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are so many things to see, and one week is not enough I think. You need to go and visit Bruges for at least two weeks, take it easy and relax. It is so nice to walk through those streets during night and see the moon in the water…

    In Bruges people are friendly, they talk more than three languages and help you when you get lost, any time you need. The places for eating have nice arrangements and attract you a lot, but the waiters are not so niceJ (anyway, one of them was not so polite actually) and there is no specific dish. Everything is international food. The hotels are the best so far. They are old with nice architecture and a medieval touch. You can feel like a princess in there. I have found this website if you want to find more information about accommodation in Bruges.

    What else did I like in there? The handmade lace: stylish gloves, sun umbrellas, carpets, etc. I need to return and take some, cause they are so beautiful indeed!

    In Bruges you can also find nice beer pubs (where we took a lot of pictures pretending that we drink beer), a chocolate museum, a diamond museum. On the paved streets some medieval carriages are seen, with the best horses ever! So romantic to walk in a carriage, isn’t it? I never did it, but I will!

    Eh, in Bruges, as in any corner of Belgium, there are a lot of chocolate shops. Imagine me, entering in each one and tasting some chocolate. „Please, let’s enter in here too! And in there as well! Please, please, please!” It is so hard with this girl when chocolate comes around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!THANK YOU for the correction of the mistakes:) Sounds so English now my post, hahha:)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the most amazing trip in my life as well and I keep thanking you for choosing me to be in there with you! Anyone could come, but you have chosen me...and I a so lucky for that! Love u

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bitola. It's all about history here

Hakkari, Turkey

The Summer University of Ramnicu Sarat on the Communism Crimes